I’ve been meaning to post on my blog for the past week or so now, but I’ve been so overwhelmingly busy. I finally have a moment of calm, so I’m going to make a list of all the good things that have happened in the past week or so.
1) My husband came home from his deployment in time for our 3rd anniversary!
2) I finished my first knit hat! I used Cascade Yarn’s Avalon cotton/bamboo blend, which makes for a perfectly lightweight Florida hipster hat 🙂
3) I took my second stats test this last week…I have 101% in the class. Awwww yeahhhh!
4) I presented my poster on gendered stereotypes and academic careers at the University of West Florida’s Women’s Studies Conference along with my lovely colleague.
5) I planted some new veggies in my garden!
5a) I’ve been harvesting some “old” veggies as well, and finally made my first proper pot of collard greens. WOW! Now I know why collards are such a staple down here!
6) We’re getting a new screened porch! I don’t have any pictures yet, but the company we hired started earlier than expected, so I might not have to deal with any nasty bugs this season! It should be finished tomorrow evening!
7) REI dividends are out! Yeah, that amount you see means we spent a ton of money at REI last year…but what can I say? Quality backpacking gear isn’t cheap!
Life is good, my friends. Life is good.