You can’t always head out on another adventure, and boy is that a bummer.
You might not have the money or time off from work, but you can lean back, relax, and live vicariously through the adventurers in these documentaries. These are, in no particular order, some of my favorite travel and adventure documentaries. These films are what get me though the seasons where I’m stuck at home working towards the next trip, and I hope they’ll inspire you as well.
Know of a film that should be listed here? Contact me with your recommendations! Submit a comment below, or email me at stephanieevbrown (at) gmail (dot) com.
All films are on Netflix unless otherwise noted.
- Mile…Mile & a Half
- Chasing Ice
- Where the Yellowstone Goes
- The Way (not a documentary, but still wonderful!)
- 180° South
- Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago (on Amazon, totally worth renting)
- As It Happens: Pacific Crest Trail (on Youtube!)
- High Sierra – A Journey on the John Muir Trail (on Youtube!)
- Into the Cold: A Journey to the Soul
- National Geographic: Appalachian Trail
- National Geographic: Secret Yellowstone
- Encounters at the End of the World